General information: https://www.ethz.ch/en/doctorate/registration-admission.html
Application Deadlines: no specific deadlines for doctoral students.
- Fill out either the pdf application form (bilingual German/English) which lists all the documents you need to provide.https://www.ethz.ch/content/dam/ethz/main/doctorate/files/application_form_doc.pdf
- Ask your supervisor to sign the “Confirmation of doctoral thesis supervision” included in the application form above.
- If your thesis supervisor is a honorary professor or a senior lecturer but not a professor at ETH, please also provide the following form:
- Pay the registration fee of CHF 50.- (holders of a Swiss Master degree but not ETH or EPFL) or 150.- (holders of a foreign Master degree) and send the payment slip or other proof of payment with your application.
- Provided your application is complete, matriculation at ETH will be immediate. The admission as a PhD student is provisional at this stage and the official admission together with the decision regarding possible additional requirements to fulfill (courses, exams to take) will take longer.
- Please also check the doctoral studies page of the department you will be doing your PhD at. There may be additional regulations to follow (see box).